Auto Accident Injury Treatment with Our Anchorage Chiropractors
At Curzie Chiropractic, our Anchorage chiropractors have worked with hundreds of Alaskans suffering from injuries related to motor vehicle accidents (car, ATV, snowmobile, etc.). If you or a loved one is ever involved in an auto accident, we encourage you to get in touch with us. Our services can help you feel better ASAP and help you avoid long-term complications associated with untreated or under-treated auto accident injuries.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injuries
So, what type of injuries are we talking about? Here a few of the most common we see:
- Whiplash – neck pain and stiffness caused by rapid forward/backward movement of the neck; may also cause shoulder pain, shoulder stiffness, headaches, and jaw pain
- Concussion – direct or indirect head trauma can cause headaches, confusion, mental fogginess, and trouble sleeping (with or without loss of consciousness at the time of the accident!)
- Back pain – often due to direct trauma, connective tissue strain (muscle, ligament, tendon), spinal joint misalignment, and/or disc herniation or bulge
- Shoulder pain – often due to seat belt restraints (e.g., internal bruising/hematoma), brachial plexus (strain) injury, rotator cuff tear, or dislocation
- Nerve impingement – sciatica or radiculopathy can cause numbness, tingling, and shooting/searing/burning/tingling pain in a limb
How Our Chiropractors in Anchorage Diagnose, Manage & Treat Auto Accident Injuries
It’s important to realize injuries can occur even in seemingly minor fender benders, where you may end up more banged up than your car! Additionally, it can take some time for injuries to reveal any symptoms, since pain-masking hormones often surge during the flight-or-fight response during trauma. The point is: see a chiropractor in Anchorage after an auto accident of any severity, whether you feel “fine” or not! You never know what type of trouble is brewing, and the earlier you see treatment then the better chances you have of a full recovery.
Our natural services to reduce pain, stiffness, swelling, and other auto accident injury symptoms include chiropractic adjustments, corrective exercises, massage, and lifestyle counseling (e.g., ergonomics training at work and even in your car!).
Were You Recently in an Auto Accident?
If you’ve been in an auto accident recently—or even if you were in one weeks, months, or years ago and never sought professional help at that time—then contact Anchorage chiropractors Dr. Curzie and Dr. Foley by calling Curzie Chiropractic now at (907) 569-9355 to schedule an appointment, or for your convenience schedule one online. We’d be honored to be a part of your healing journey and help you get back on the road of life feeling healthier than ever.